Blessings in Disguise

I'm having a great day. I started the day having a good breakfast, enjoying time with my son, Javi, and then going to the food bank. Wait, what? Wouldn't a person be in perpetual torment if they needed to visit a food bank and essentially accept a handout? I used to believe that, back when my pride was always at stake. Now, I'm trying so hard to live a life where I simply go with the flow unless I have a reason to resist. And, thankfully, this trip to the food bank was a LOT of fun. I got to see some folks I haven't seen in months, and I got some awesome, healthy food.  All in all, it was great.

How about you? Are you facing some situations that might break someone else? Someone with less strength of character? If you've been broken by your life's circumstances, believe me when I say that I understand. I've struggled within my family, and I've wept longer and harder than I thought possible. In fact, my temper tantrums as a child pale in comparison to what I sounded like during some of those moments. I'm in the middle of one of the most painful struggles I've ever faced. Thankfully, finances are the least of my worries. That doesn't mean that my finances are good, but it means that I don't let myself stress over them anymore.

Today, I am headed to my students' graduation. So many of the kids I taught this year will be walking down that aisle. I'm so very proud of them. They are amazing human beings, kids who know what a hard life looks like, and ones who continue to face every single day with a smile. Are they powerful? Yes, they certainly are. And in about fifteen minutes, I'll begin preparing myself for the event. It's over 4 hours away, but I don't want to leave anything to chance. I want to be sure I'm ready, because they are going to be meticulously styled and dressed, and I want to give them my best, as well.

Life sends us heavy burdens, incredible challenges, and struggles. Are we going to be afraid of that, or are we going to learn to face them without losing hope? I refuse to doubt that God has got everything under control. Even when there is nothing that I can do. Like now. My pain isn't going to let up until this whole thing is over, and I cannot figure out a single thing that I can do to change it. But God is still God, I am still his servant, and God has many things that he wants me to do until that moment of breakthrough arrives. Are you afraid that in the end it won't be worth it? Are you waiting for the breakthrough before you keep moving forward? Have faith. It's going to be okay. You can get through this, but most importantly, if you missed a step or two along the way, get up now. Keep going, and don't stop. It will be alright. Trust Him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Babies - The Absolute Truth

I'll Never Do That to My Kids...

Free to Fly: A Defense of the Single Life